Summit Academy Secondary School – Canton
LOW Teacher to student ratio and smaller class sizes. Our Cross Categorical Classes are 5 students per 1 teacher, and our mainstream classes are 9 students per 1 teacher.
Highly qualified teachers and administrative support staff.
- Therapeutic curriculum and targeted social skills training.
- Small learning groups – balanced with structured activities that keep classes engaging and productive.
- Regular reviews – of your child’s carefully developed Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Solid academic curriculum – that is highly aligned with State of Ohio Content Standards.
- Daily Therapeutic Martial Arts – The mission of the Martial Arts Program is to provide for the physical, mental, emotional, and social growth of our Secondary students through multicultural training in the martial arts.
- Special Programs – Martial Arts, Basketball, Anime Club, Yearbook Club, Crafting Club, Cooking Club, Video Game Club, and Movie Club.
Our vision for alternative learners
Summit Academy Schools provide a structured safe haven for alternative learners. Compassionate teachers deliver highly specialized curriculum designed to engage children where they are developmentally. With a therapeutic approach, Summit Academy Schools are a non-profit that foster belonging and social acceptance for every child.
All Summit Academy Schools are tuition-free, non-profit community schools for alternative learners. They are specifically designed for students with AD/HD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, and related disorders. This school is a non-profit school 501(c) (3).