On June 11, the nation will celebrate National Making Life Beautiful Day, a day dedicated to encouraging and celebrating those who are making life beautiful. Whether it‘s creating beauty through building relationships or helping others achieve personal success, one small action can lead to a ripple effect, making life beautiful not just for yourself, but for those around you. With that in mind, we have found 11 ways to celebrate National Making Life Beautiful Day this June 11.
1. Choose joy. Making life beautiful starts with you and choosing joy will get your attitude on the right track to making an impact in the world.
2. Love others. Be empathic, compassionate, caring, kind, and merciful. Do unto others. Even when they don’t return the favor. But don’t be surprised when your life starts setting a new kind of standard for the rest of the world.
3. Appreciate the little things in life. They are very often what matter most. Take the time to give thanks for the things others do for you. Sometimes the littlest things make the biggest impacts in life.
4. Unplug and spend time in nature. Take some time to enjoy the physical beauty in the world before spreading inner-beauty. Just five minutes of outdoor recreation (from walking to gardening to sports) can greatly impact a person’s mood and overall well-being.
5. Cook up some smiles. A simple, yet extremely thoughtful gesture you can do for someone is cook for them. Whether it is a full meal or baked treats, spending a little time in the kitchen will guarantee to brighten someone’s day.
6. Help someone achieve a personal goal. You know how good it feels to accomplish something you’ve set out to do? Now imagine the feeling you’ll get when you help someone else reach that point.
7. Donate time to a worthy cause. Countless organizations have made it their mission to make life beautiful for everyone. Donate your time to help them satisfy that goal. Looking for an organization to contribute to? Visit volunteermatch.org to find an opportunity in your community.
8. Step outside your comfort zone. Very often life becomes a routine. Break out of that rut by doing something that challenges you. Something that makes you uncomfortable even as it makes you grow as a person and appreciate the world more.
9. Offer words of encouragement. On June 6, the nation observed National Cancer Survivors Day by honoring the millions of cancer survivors and patients as well as family and friends through a multitude of events and celebrations with one notion behind it – encouragement can be the strength and inspiration someone may need in tough times. Be sure to pass it on.
10. Don’t skimp on the compliments. Make much of the people in your life and tell them how amazing you think they are. A simple compliment can often go a long way and promises to change someone’s entire day.
11. Watch a sunrise or sunset. Clichéd? Maybe. But there’s no better way to realize just how beautiful life is than taking the time to observe these daily reminders.
How are you making life beautiful?
We want to see how you’re making life beautiful all summer long! Share your story on Summit’s social media using the hashtag #MakingLifeBeautifulDay and #SummitAcademy. We could feature you in a future Summit Newsletter.
Sources include Apriori Beauty, Huffington Post, LifeHacks.org, ZenHabits.net