We partner with Canton City Schools to provide vocational education for students, including classes in Auto Tech, Industrial Plant Engineering, Video gaming, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts and Broadcast Media.
We also have joined forces with Stark State College of Technology and the Post Secondary Enrollment Option to provide students with college classes and college credits while they continue to receive support from our staff.
LOW Teacher to student ratio and smaller class sizes.
Highly qualified teachers and administrative support staff.
- Therapeutic curriculum and targeted social skills training.
- Small learning groups- balanced with structured activities that keep classes engaging and productive.
- Regular reviews- of your child’s carefully developed Individualized Education Plan (IEP)
- Solid academic curriculum- that is highly aligned with State of Ohio Content Standards.
- Daily Therapeutic Martial Arts- The mission of the Martial Arts Program is to provide for the physical, mental, emotional, and social growth of our Secondary students through multicultural training in the martial arts.
Our vision for alternative learners
Summit Academy Schools provide a structured safe haven for alternative learners. Compassionate teachers deliver highly specialized curriculum designed to engage children where they are developmentally. With a therapeutic approach, Summit Academy Schools are a non-profit that foster belonging and social acceptance for every child.