As the dog days of August draw near, you may be redirecting your attention from summer camps and family vacations to the return to school. Soon you will be restocking the supply of pencils, notebooks, calculators, backpacks – as well as doing some new clothes shopping.
Some of us as parents wait until the last minute and forget to address some of the most essential back-to-school preparations. The one nice thing about these preparations is they usually don’t cost anything.
So, this is a good time to be looking ahead to a new school year. And as such, here are several articles to get you headed in the right direction with your Asperger’s or High-Functioning Autistic child:
- Back To School Preparations
- Behavioral Problems at School
- Homework Problems
- Poor School Attendance
- Back-to-School Separation Anxiety
- IEP and ARD Documents
- Back-to-School Quick Tip Sheet
- Children Who Refuse To Go To School
- Effective Academic Accommodations
- Adjusting to the School Environment
- Alleviating School-Related Stress
- Avoiding The Back To School Jitters
- Avoiding Back-to-School Meltdowns and Tantrums
- Poor Academic Performance and Behavioral Problems
- Working with Schools to Develop an IEP
- Preparing Your Child for Transition to Middle-School
- Helping Aspergers Students Transition To High School
Here’s to a great year!