March 10, 2020
As of yesterday afternoon, city and county health officials confirmed three cases of COVID-19 in Cuyahoga County, all of whom have been quarantined. We would like to remind families that Summit Academy Schools are working very closely with local health departments and are receiving additional guidance and updates from the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) and the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as it relates to COVID-19.
All Summit Academy School locations are taking precautions to promote healthy school environments. Our schools are monitoring student and staff absences daily to determine if it is necessary to close school to help prevent the spread of illnesses. Desks, tables and common surfaces in our schools are disinfected regularly and frequent handwashing is being encouraged.
Practicing good hygiene can help limit the spread of viruses in our schools. The current recommended precautions to avoid exposure to the virus are the same precautions you would take to avoid the flu:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For continued updates, please check our website www.summitacademies.org.
To assist you, we have provided links to resources below that are continually updated by health experts for your reference.
The health and safety of our students and staff members is our priority. We assure you that we will continue to collaborate with local health officials and provide updates as they become available.
Eric Marthaler Grant A. Mueller, MSA/CPP
Superintendent Health/Safety & Security Liaison